Ultra Sensitive Children's Epileptic Seizure Movement Detector Alarm
For parents with children who suffer epilepsy, there is never a night off. While anxiously hovering at your child's bedside may seem like the best solution to a quick response during an emergency, it won't ensure you a restful night's sleep, and sleep-deprivation will lead to a decline in your focus and your own personal health.
The Ultra Sensitive Children's Epileptic Seizure Movement Detector Alarm accurately detects typical seizure movements using microchip technology, and instantly provides an alarm to parents and carers via the radio pagers. It also features digital controls to adjust movement intensity to ensure optimum performance is achieved every time. This revolutionary device will give you peace of mind when caring for your little ones, as well as a well-earned, good night's rest all through its simple and compact set up.
Features of the Children's Epileptic Seizure Movement Detector Alarm
All of Medpage's devices are ready for use straight out of the box with batteries already inserted and ready to go, making them some of the most user-friendly care alarms on the market.
- Detects movements resulting from epileptic nocturnal seizures including minute prolonged movements from children
- Large area patented monitoring sensor technology for improved seizure movement detection
- Suitable for cots and cribs with memory foam mattresses, single and double beds
- Digital sensitivity control for bed sensor and vocalisation microphone
- Digital alarm delay control virtually eliminates false alarms by ignoring natural sleeping movements, such as turning over
- Detected seizures are notified to carer via two radio pagers
- Monitor powered by mains power adaptor with 12 hour battery backup
- Pagers provide two-channel identification when used with two seizure monitors
- Ideal for dual patient monitoring at home, hospital or care home to identify active seizure alarm
- Mains powered with 2 x AA batteries for 48 hours of power in event of a power cut
- Tamper proof settings, monitored connections, fault reporting to pagers
Detecting Sleep Movements
This super-sensitive sensor is positioned under the bed or cot mattress, where it continually detects body movements from a sleeping child. Changing the movement detection capabilities is very easy if required, as the device has digitally controlled adjustments for the sensor sensitivity and a special delayed alarm feature.
The detected movements are analysed by computer software that differentiates usual sleeping movement from typical seizure movement. If continuous seizure activity is detected, it generates an alarm, which is transmitted to a radio pager to warn the parents/carer of an ongoing seizure.
- Sensor dimensions (LxWxH): 300mm x 200mm x 10mm
- Monitor dimensions (LxWxH): 150mm x 105mm x 45mm
- Interconnecting lead 3m
- Pagers powered by 2 x AA batteries
- Radio frequency 433MHz
- Monitor transmitter range 120M (line of sight)