MP5 Epileptic Seizure Movement Detector Alarm With Commercial/Nurse Call Connection
If you are caring for a patient with epilepsy, ensuring you are always there to assist them when they need you can be a struggle. If they have a seizure in the day you might be able to respond more quickly, but what about during the night?
Even if you keep watch at night-time, sharing shifts with other nurses or carers, a quick response cannot be guaranteed. Caring for multiple patients at once, for example, makes it difficult to always give everyone your full attention.
The MP5 Epileptic Seizure Movement Detector Alarm With Commercial/Nurse Call Connection is designed to combat this problem. Using a bed sensor to detect particular movement, the MP5 connects to an existing nurse call system to alert you to a potential seizure, making it ideal for use in nursing or care homes and hospitals.
How Does the MP5 Epileptic Seizure Detector With Call Connection Work?
The detector uses the same advanced technology as the standard MP5 Epileptic Seizure Detector system. The equipment includes a sensor, which is slipped under the patient's mattress and plugged in the monitor. If particular movement is registered, indicating a potential seizure, an internal relay is activated. You will be alerted of this through your existing nurse call system, to which the MP5 can connect by a mono or stereo connection.
- Connects to existing call connection by a mono or stereo connection
- Dimensions of monitor enclosure (LxWxD): 150mm x 105mm x 45mm
- Power requirement: 12V DC via power adaptor
- Battery backup: 9.6V on board battery
- Battery backup time: in excess of 48 hours
- Visual indicators: power, power fail, movement detection
- Can be used with cable connected alarm to deliver sounding alert of a seizure
- Movement sensor lead length: 2m
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 75mm x 55mm x 25mm
- Relay switching max 1 Amp
- N/O & N/C contact options
The Medpage MP5 is suitable for adults in single beds; for younger patients or differing bed sizes the Medpage MP5V2 is recommended.
Please Note: This product is suitable for use with nurse call systems, please visit the Medpage MP5 Epileptic Seizure Alarm for a home version provided with pagers.