MedPage MPPL Home Care Floor Pressure Sensor Mat Alarm (Full Kit)
When caring for vulnerable patients, it can be difficult to monitor their movements at every moment. With the MedPage MPPL Home Care Floor Pressure Sensor Mat Alarm (Full Kit), you can minimise the risk of wandering and more quickly detect if they've fallen out of bed by getting an instant alert when any pressure is placed on the mat. Supplied with everything you need to get started, this alarm kit is a great choice for both domestic care and care home environments.
- 1 x Pressure Sensor Mat
- 1 x Transmitter For Mat
- 1 x MPPLV4 Carer Pager
- Batteries Necessary for Functioning:
- 2 x AAA Batteries
- 2 x AA Batteries
- 1 x PP3 9V Battery
What Is the Purpose of this Home Care Alarm?
The Floor Pressure Sensor Mat is designed to be used under a carpet or rug, and is useful to place near exits or beside a patient's bed to aid effective monitoring and prevent vulnerable patients from wandering. When pressure is placed on the mat, this activates the transmitter (included with purchase), and sends an alert to carers. This means that when patients stand on the mat, carers will be alerted immediately.
This care alarm is suitable for use domestic care and care home environments, particularly those with vulnerable patients prone to wandering, including elderly patients and dementia patients.
How Should I Use the Sensor Mat Alarm?
The pressure pad should be placed underneath a rug or carpet, due to the slippery nature of the surface. Especially for those who are already unstable on their feet, leaving the pressure mat uncovered is a serious trip hazard.
Please Note: The mat should not be folded. Folding the mat will damage and crack the sensors.
Spares, Alternatives, and Accessories
- Spare Mat Transmitter: If you need to replace the transmitter for this floor mat, you can purchase another one separately
- MPPL Pager: This is an older model of the pager that is supplied with this unit, but will still work as part of this alarm system. Please note that this pager has a shorter range, and can connect to eight rather than nine transmitter devices
- Signal Repeater: This is the perfect tool to boost signal and extend the range of various alarm sensors, and is particularly ideal for larger houses or homes with thicker walls
Creating a Multi-Alarm System
It is possible to connect up to nine alarm-systems to the supplied pager, making it possible to create an effective multi-alarm system. For this, you could add up to eight other mat-alarms to cover a wider area of the patient's living environment, or you could add different alarm types for versatile protection. This includes:
- Door Alarm Sensors: monitor when patients open doors, alarms, and windows to help minimise wandering risks
- PIR Transmitter: a motion-sensor monitor suitable for use in various areas, that can be easily fixed to a wall or similar flat surface
- Panic Alarm Button: the panic button provides a more direct way for patients to send an alert to carers during emergencies
Key Features and Benefits
- Sensor alarm kit suitable for domestic care and care homes
- Ideal for monitoring vulnerable patients that are prone to wandering
- Helps to minimise the risk of wandering and falls
- Quick and easy to install requiring no specialist knowledge
- Pressure sensor mat is designed with antimicrobial PVC for easy cleaning and optimal hygiene
- Mat and transmitter be used as a single alarm, or as part of a multi-alarm system
- Unlimited number of pages can be connected to mat transmitter
- Supplied pager can be paired with up to nine devices
- Can use the pager as part of an alarm with varying sensors (e.g., door alarms and panic alarms)
- 100m transmission range with a selectable extended range
- Supplied pager had a dual selectable operating range, between 75 - 100m and between 250 - 400m
- Three pager alert options include; vibrate only, vibrate with low-tone alert, vibrate with high-tone alert
- Durable design ensures long-term usage
- Pager's lightweight design, belt clip, and fixing for hanging from lanyards offer ease-of-portability
- Low-battery warning included on pager and transmitter
- Latching alarm on pager means it must be reset to cancel the alarm
- Simple power functions for pager and transmitted (on/off slide switch)
- Pressure Mat Dimensions:
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 750 x 450 x 5mm
- Connection Lead Length: 3 metres
- Material: Antimicrobial PVC
- Pressure Mat Transmitter:
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 135 x 35 x 20mm
- Power: 2 x AAA Alkaline batteries (supplied)
- Carer Pager:
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 80 x 55 x 22mm
- Weight (including batteries): 120g
- Power: 2 x AA batteries (supplied)
- Dual-Select Operating Ranges: