Bellman Visit Magnetic Switch
Receive a notification when a certain door or window is opened with the Bellman Visit Magnetic Switch. Connect the device to a Bellman Transmitter and this accessory will upgrade your home system to alert you if a loved one with dementia is wandering, or if your child has got out of bed or even if an intruder has broken in to your house.
In the Box
- 1 x Magnetic Switch (0.5m cable attached)
- Connector: 3.5mm jack plug
- Detection: Magnetic link breaking
What Is This Product?
This is a pair of magnets that should be mounted with one switch on a door or window and the other less than 1cm away on the wall next to it. This magnetic switch is an accessory that should be attached to either your Telephone Transmitter or Baby Cry Monitor. When the door or window is opened, the switch will send a signal which will alert your Bellman Receiver that the door or window is open.
How Does the Magnetic Switch Work?
The device consists of two magnets, one of which is attached to the window or door frame, and the other to the window or door itself. When the door is closed the magnets are connected then, when opened, the magnets will separate. This triggers a signal to your Telephone Transmitter which sends a radio signal to your Visit Receiver to notify you.
Who Can Benefit from the Bellman Visit Magnetic Switch?
If you are deaf or hard of hearing then the Magnetic Switch can help you stay aware of either your young children or elderly loved ones in your household. Not only can it give you peace of mind from a loved one wandering, whether that be a young child or dementia suffering senior, but it can also help to notify you of a potential intruder.
Dementia Anti-Wandering Detection
Caring for a loved one with dementia can be emotionally stressful and these problems are only made harder for those with hearing impairments. If you are deaf or hard of hearing then putting this magnetic switch on a loved one's door or the front door gives you a level of security that will help you stay aware of where they are and if they are wandering.
Stay Aware of Your Children
Young children can be very active and sometimes it isn't obvious if they're awake and wandering around the house, especially if you don't have the ability to hear them. By placing this switch on your children's bedroom door, or any doors around the house you don't want them opening, you can be quickly alerted with a notification that will help keep your children safe.
Where Can the Magnetic Switch Be Used?
The Bellman Visit Magnetic Switch is designed to alert you when either a door or window is opened. It can be used on any door or window around the house as long as the location is within half a metre of your Telephone Transmitter so that it can connect via the cable.
Key Features of the Bellman Visit Magnetic Switch
- Helps to keep you aware of whether a door or window that you are monitoring has been opened
- Anti-wandering detection adds an extra layer of security if you are caring for a dementia sufferer
- Keep tabs on children who may be opening doors and going into rooms that aren't safe for them
- Sleek and inconspicuous design fits invisibly on any door or window frame around your house
- Small and light-weight build in a white colour that will fit in with your decor wherever it is used
- Connects to your Bellman Visit Telephone Transmitter to alert your Bellman Receiver when activated
- No maintenance needed as it is powered through your Transmitter and does not use batteries
- Your receiver will signal when the Magnetic Switch is opened through light, sound or vibrating signals
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 25 x 62 x 13mm (1 x 2.5 x 0.5")
- Weight: 25g (0.055lbs)
- Cable length: 0.5m
- Connector: 3.5mm mono jack plug
- Open contact breaker: close to magnet (max. 1cm)
- Closed contact breaker: at least 2cm from magnet
- Colour: white