Bellman Visit Ionised Smoke Alarm
Having a Bellman home system can make your house more accessible in many ways but including a smoke alarm in your Bellman system will also make your house safer. With the Bellman Visit Ionised Smoke Alarm, your Bellman Receiver will receive a potentially lifesaving alert if the ionisation detection system registers smoke and the possible event of a fire.
In the Box
- 1 x Ionisation Smoke Alarm
- 1 x 9V Alkaline Battery
- 2 x Screws and Plugs (for ceiling mounting)
- 1 x User Manual
Thanks to the inclusion of all necessary parts, the Ionisation Smoke Alarm is ready to install straight out the box. Once the smoke alarm has been set up, it will work as part of your Bellman Visit home system.
What Is This Product?
This is a smoke alarm that detects smoke through the use of ionised air. This device can work as a standalone smoke alarm; however, it is intended for deaf and hard of hearing people, to work as part of your Bellman home system by signalling your Bellman Receiver in case of a fire.
Who Can Benefit from Using the Bellman Visit Ionisation Smoke Alarm?
For the hearing impaired looking to keep tabs on their home and stay safe in the event of a fire, this smoke alarm could be a potentially lifesaving device. Connecting to your Bellman home system, this alarm will alert your receiver in case of a fire so that you don't need to fear missing an alert because you can't hear.
How Does the Ionisation Smoke Alarm Work?
This alarm uses a small amount of radioactive material between two electrically charged plates which ionises the air creating a current between the plates. If smoke enters the device, it disrupts the ions reducing the current and triggering the alarm. In this instance, the alarm will send a radio signal to your Bellman Receiver that will in turn notify you to the danger of fire.
The ionisation detector is sensitive enough to smoke that it meets the requirement for BS EN 14604:2005 making it suitable as a fire alarm for deaf and hard of hearing people. If the alarm is triggered it will sound an audible fire alarm of 85dB at 3m and signal your Receiver which will notify you accordingly.
Keep Your Home Safe
Fires present serious risk to your health, your home and your property, but this danger can be reduced if you have the proper prevention and protection measures in place. With this ionised smoke alarm, you can be sure that you will be indicated if there is the risk of a fire and can react accordingly to keep your home and yourself safe.
Suitable for a Mixed Hearing Household
If your home has a combination of people with hearing impairments and those who can hear clearly then this smoke alarm will provide an alert recognisable by everyone. It sounds a very loud alarm that will be heard by all who are able and also communicates with Bellman receivers to clearly indicate the emergency to the hard of hearing.
Where Is the Optimal Placement of the Smoke Alarm?
Hot smoke naturally rises and disperses, so the best placement of the Bellman Visit Ionisation Smoke Alarm is in the centre of the ceiling. It should be no closer than half a metre to any of the room's corners. On sloped ceilings, don't place the alarm close to the apex as dead air is trapped here that may prevent the alarm from activating.
Allows Transmission to a Specific Receiver
If you want the smoke alarm to connect to a specific receiver, first change the radio signal on the desired receiver. Next, open the cover on the alarm and hold the radio button until the LED flashes yellow. Press the test button on your receiver and the link will be established. Otherwise, press the test button three times in quick succession and the device will be in broadcast mode to signal all your Bellman Receivers.
Significant Battery Life
The smoke alarm is powered by a single 9V alkaline battery which will keep the alarm operating for a minimum of 3 years. Thanks to this long battery life, you can be sure your smoke alarm is always functioning and keeping you safe, even when you're not thinking about it. When the battery does need changing, the alarm will beep with a red LED every minute, from this point you have at least 30 days to replace it.
How Easy Is the Ionised Smoke Alarm to Maintain?
The Bellman Visit Ionisation Smoke Alarm is designed to function with the need for minimal maintenance. After a simple assembly process, the device will signal you if it has become contaminated with dust or cobwebs. To avoid this, the device should be vacuumed regularly when you clean your home and when the battery is replaced, it can also be wiped with a slightly damp cloth (do not use household cleaning products).
Key Features of the Bellman Visit Ionised Smoke Alarm
- Allows deaf and hard of hearing people to be alerted in the event of a fire which could potentially save lives
- Ionisation alarm that uses a charged current to quickly detect the presence of smoke and alert you of risk
- Designed for intuitive and reliable use with a 3-year battery life that functions without your attention
- This alarm will sound a siren louder than 85dB, as well as notifying your Bellman Receiver for clear alerting
- The adjustable radio key makes the alarm reliable even if used in close proximity to other Visit Transmitters
- Wireless transmission with 200m operating range depending on the characteristics and layout of your home
- Red LED and beeping indicate low battery while also signalling your receiver for simple maintenance
- Broadcast mode sends a signal to all Bellman Receivers around your home for clear notification of a fire
- Mounts onto the ceiling using the mounting plate and screws that are included in the box for your convenience
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 140 x 118 x 42mm (5.5 x 4.6 x 1.6")
- Weight: 200g (approx. 0.44lbs) including battery
- Battery Power: 1 x 9V MN1604 Duracell Alkaline Battery
- Operating Time: minimum of 3 years
- Smoke Sensitivity: Meets requirements for BS EN14604:2005
- Radio: Separate radio module mounted in the unit
- Audible Alarm: >85dB at 3m distance
- Idle Power Consumption: < 15μA
- Radio Frequency: 868.3MHz
- Number of Radio Keys: 64
- Coverage: Up to 200m (with clear line of sight)
- Activation: Test button; built in ionisation smoke detection
- Colour: White