Bellman Visit Optical Smoke Alarm with Heat Detector
Not being able to hear the smoke alarm is dangerous and could even be life threatening. Avoid the danger by including the Bellman Visit Optical Smoke Alarm with Heat Detector as part of your home system and rest easy with the knowledge that your Bellman Receiver will give you a potentially lifesaving alert if smoke or heat is detected.
In the Box
- 1 x Smoke Alarm
- 2 x 1.5V AA Batteries
- Screws and Plugs (for ceiling mounting)
- User Manual
The box includes everything needed for the simple and instant installation of the Bellman Optothermal Smoke Alarm. Once the smoke alarm has been set up, it will work as part of your Bellman Visit home system.
What Is This Product?
This is a smoke alarm that detects fire through both optical smoke detection and heat sensitivity. This is not a standalone smoke alarm; it is intended for deaf and hard of hearing people, to work as part of your Bellman home system by signalling your Bellman Receiver in case of a fire.
Who Can Benefit from Using the Bellman Visit Optical Smoke Alarm?
For those who are looking to keep tabs on their home and stay safe in the event of a fire but are hearing impaired, this fire alarm could potentially save your life. Connecting to your Bellman home system, this alarm will alert your receiver in case of a fire so that you don't need to fear missing an alert because you can't hear.
How Does the Smoke Alarm Work?
This alarm uses an optical smoke detector which meets the requirements for EN14604:2005 and a heat detector with a sensitivity of 62°C. If there is a substantial amount of smoke or if the room is too hot this alarm will send a radio signal to your Bellman Receiver that will in turn notify you to the danger of fire.
Silence Mode for Cooking
Although smoke alarms are essential devices for home safety, they can easily be accidentally triggered during cooking and a false alarm can be inconvenient. To avoid this, the Bellman Smoke Detector has a silent mode, activated by holding the test button in for 2 seconds, which will temporarily mute the alarm.
Keep Your Home Safe
Fires present serious risk to your health, your home and your property, but this danger can be reduced if you have the proper prevention and protection measures in place. With this optothermal smoke alarm, you can be sure that you will be indicated if there is the risk of a fire and can react accordingly to keep yourself safe and your home secure.
Suitable for a Mixed Hearing Household
If your home has a combination of people with hearing impairments and those who can hear clearly then this smoke alarm will provide an alert recognisable by everyone. It sounds a very loud alarm that will be heard by all who are able and also communicates with Bellman receivers to clearly indicate the emergency to the hard of hearing.
Where Is the Optimal Placement of the Smoke Alarm?
Hot smoke naturally rises and disperses, so the best placement of the Bellman Visit Optical Smoke Alarm with Heat Detector is in the centre of the ceiling. It should be no closer than half a metre to any of the room's corners. On sloped ceilings, don't place the alarm close to the apex as dead air is trapped here that may prevent the alarm from activating.
Both Optical and Heat Detection
This Bellman Smoke Alarm is constantly monitoring fire by optically watching out for smoke and also measuring the ambient temperature of the room. The alarm has unique signals depending on whether it was activated by smoke or heat, both are rapid alarms that will signal your Bellman Receiver. If there is a red light blinking every 50 seconds, this is the low battery indicator.
Allows Transmission to a Specific Receiver
If you want the smoke alarm to connect to a specific receiver, first change the radio signal on that receiver then reset the alarm and when it is ready to connect, press the test button on your chosen receiver and the link will be established. Otherwise, press the test button three times in quick succession and the device will be in broadcast mode to signal all your Bellman Receivers.
The Bellman Optical Smoke Alarm being
connected to the Bellman Visit Deaf Alarm Clock
Long Battery Life
The smoke alarm is powered by two AA lithium batteries which will keep the alarm operating for 5 years. This huge battery life means you can be sure your smoke alarm is always functioning and keeping you safe, even when you're not thinking about it. If the batteries need changing, the alarm will beep with a red LED every 50 seconds, from this point you have at least 30 days to change them.
How Easy Is the Optical Smoke Alarm to Maintain?
The Bellman Visit Optothermal Smoke Alarm is designed to function with the need for minimal maintenance. After a simple assembly process, the device will signal you if it has become contaminated with dust or cobwebs. To avoid this, the device should be vacuumed regularly when you clean your home and can be wiped with a dry cloth (do not use household cleaning products).
Key Features of the Bellman Visit Optical Smoke Alarm with Heat Detector
- Allows deaf and hard of hearing people to be alerted in the event of a fire which could potentially save lives
- Optothermal alarm for both smoke and heat detection to make sure the alarm will catch any potential fires
- Designed with a silent mode that mutes the alarm for a brief period so that you can cook without causing an incident
- This alarm will sound a siren louder than 85dB, as well as notifying your Bellman Receiver for clear alerting
- The adjustable radio key means the alarm is reliable even when used in close proximity to other Visit Transmitters
- Wireless transmission with 200m operating range depending on the characteristics and layout of your home
- Red LED and frequent chirping indicates a low battery alert that also sends a signal to your receiver for simple maintenance
- Broadcast mode sends a signal to all Bellman Receivers around your home to ensure that you will be clearly notified of fire
- Mounts onto the ceiling using the mounting plate and screws that are included in the box for quick and simple installation
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 120 x 120 x 37mm (4.7 x 4.7 x 1.5")
- Weight: 150g (approx. 0.33lbs) including battery
- Battery Power: 2 x 1.5V AA Energizer Lithium L91
- Operating Time: 5 years on lithium batteries
- Smoke Sensitivity: 0.115 - 0.168 dB/m
- Heat Sensitivity: 54 - 70°C
- Audible Alarm: >85dB at 3m distance
- Active Power Consumption: <75 mA
- Idle Power Consumption: < 15μA
- Radio Frequency: 868.3MHz
- Number of Radio Keys: 64 standard expandable to 256
- Coverage: 200m (with clear line of sight)
- Activation: Test button; built-in smoke detector or built-in temperature sensor
- Colour: White