Medpage EnuSens Incontinence Alarm System with Wireless Pager
To effectively monitor incontinence in patients at a range of ages, the Medpage EnuSens Incontinence Alarm System with Wireless Pager is a fantastic choice. This kit includes everything you need to get started, and has an easy-to-set-up design that's suitable for both domestic care and professional care environments. To ensure hygienic usage and easy cleaning, the fabric sensor supplied with this kit is machine washable and suitable for tumble drying.
What Does the Incontinence Alarm System Do?
This alarm system is designed to allow carers to better monitor incontinence in patients of all ages, from children to elderly patients. The fabric sensor supplied with this kit is designed to be placed underneath bed sheets, on chairs, or on wheelchairs to detect fluid. When liquid has been detected, the sensor mat will send an alert to the receiver (pager) to inform carers. This means that if a patient wets themselves, carers will be alerted and able to assist them quickly and effectively.
The fabric sensor can also be placed in a pillowcase to detect vomit.
How Does the Incontinence Alarm Work?
The kit is supplied with a sensor, transmitter, and receiver, alongside everything needed to power this alarm unit. The sensor is triggered by the detection of liquid. Once the sensor has been triggered, the pager will sound-out and alert carers to patients needing assistance. The transmitter is used to connect the pager to the sensor-alarm, ensuring that carers receive the relevant alerts.
To connect the transmitter and the sensor to ensure that alerts are sent to the receiver, the relevant 2.5mm mono Jack socket cable is supplied.
Where Can I Use This Patient Care Alarm?
This care alarm is suitable for use in both domestic and professional care settings:
- Domestic Care: The alarm kit is supplied with everything you need for simple, at-home set-up, and is easy-to-use without prior training or specialist knowledge.
- Professional Care Environments: The alarm kit can be used to monitor individual patients in professional and clinical care environments. It's also possible to purchase further sensors and transmitters to create a multi-alarm system monitoring various patients
Who Is This Incontinence Alarm Suitable For?
The MPPL incontinence alarm kit is suitable for users of any age and background experiencing incontinence, or are prone to vomiting. It is most useful for patients who are unable to care for themselves following bouts of incontinence or nausea, for example due to mobility issues.
- Incontinence alarm kit for domestic and professional care settings
- Designed to detect fluid leakage
- Sensor mat fits under bed sheets, on chairs, or on wheelchairs to detect moisture
- Can be used to detect vomit when placed in patient's pillowcase
- Sends instant wireless notification to carers
- Suitable for patients of all ages, from children to the elderly
- Fabric sensor mat is suitable for machine washing and tumble drying
- Quick-dry sensor material ensures cleaning is simple
- Durable sensor lasts for approximately 200 wash cycles
- Sensor mat is discreet and comfortable to sit or lie on
- Signalling range tends to be between 250 - 400m, depending on obstructions
- Pager offers a range of alert tones, as well as silent vibrating alerts
- Adjustable alert volume on pager
- Easy set-up can be used straight out of the box
- Pager and transmitter both provide low-battery alerts
- Pager includes a rugged belt clip and fixing for lanyards for ease-of-portability
- Latching alarm will need to be reset to cancel, helping to prevent accidental alarm cancellations
- Up to nine transmitters and sensors can be connected to one pager
- Easy-to-use sliding power button on pager
How Many Transmitters and Sensors Can Be Paired with One Pager?
It is possible to connect up to nine transmitters to any one pager, allowing you to easily create a multi-alarm system. Each transmitter can only be connected to one sensor.
Where Should I Place the Fabric Sensor Mat?
The fabric sensor mat can be placed either:
- Under bed sheets (for monitoring incontinence)
- On the seat of a regular chair (for monitoring incontinence)
- On the seat of a wheelchair (for monitoring incontinence)
- In a pillowcase (for monitoring vomiting)
Spare and Replacement Parts
If parts of this alarm system are lost or damaged, you can purchase the individual components separately. You can also purchase further sensors and transmitters to create a multi-alarm system. Spare and replacement parts include:
- Product Code: MPPLV4
- Dimensions: 750 x 450m
- Connection to Transmitter: 2.5mm mono Jack socket
- Product Code: MPPLV4
- Weight (Including Batteries): 120g
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 80 x 55 x 22mm
- Frequency: 433MHz
- Power: 2 x AA Batteries
- Operating Range (Dual Selectable):
- Pairing: up to 9x transmitters per pager
- Product Code: MPPL-TXU2
- Dimensions: 135 x 35 x 20mm
- Frequency: 433MHz
- Power: 2 x AAA Alkaline batteries
- Operating Range:
- Standard: 75 - 150m (open field)
- Extended: 250 - 400m (open field)
- Trigger Input Connection: 2.5mm mono Jack socket