TumbleCare Narrow Beam PIR Motion Sensor with Pager
The TumbleCare Narrow Beam PIR Motion Sensor with Pager is ideal for use in care homes, alerting you to patient wandering or falls. The narrow PIR motion sensor beam detects when a patient gets out of bed or leaves a room, instantly sending an alert to your pager so you can check on them.
- 1 x PIR Motion Sensor (Product Code: TUMPIR21)
- 1 x Carer Pager (Product Code: TUMPAG31)
- 1 x Wall-Mounting Kit
Key Features and Benefits of the PIR Motion Sensor kit
- Ideal for Care Homes: The narrow PIR beam is perfectly suited to monitoring patients walking through doorways or leaving their beds in a care home or other medical environment.
- Improves Care for Elderly and Vulnerable Patients: As soon as the patient crosses through the path of the beam, an instant alert is sent to your pager. This way, you can reach them to help them up from a fall or offer assistance when it is needed most.
- Helps to Prevent Wandering: If positioned in a doorway, the beam will detect when a patient wanders out of the room, alerting you instantly that assistance is required.
- No Trip Hazards: Unlike similar monitoring equipment such as floor mats, the PIR motion sensor can be positioned out of the way to prevent any risk of the patient tripping over it.
- Allows Assistance to Be Provided Quickly: As the PIR motion sensor kit can send an alert to your pager while also emitting an alarm directly from the sensor, it allows anybody within the vicinity to reach the patient as quickly as possible.
- Wall-Mountable Design: The kit includes everything needed to mount the movement sensor to the wall. You can also position it on a flat surface such as a desk, allowing the beam to be angled in the best way possible.
- Quick and Easy to Install: No tools are required for the installation of the motion sensor kit, making it quick and easy to set up and get going.
How Does the TumbleCare Motion Sensor Kit Work?
This movement sensor kit includes two parts: a PIR motion sensor and a pager. They can be used as follows:
- The PIR motion sensor can be positioned near a doorway or by a bed. The narrow beam will then detect when somebody crosses over it, such as when they step out of bed or walk cross over the threshold of a door.
- Once the narrow beam has detected the movement, the sensor will send an alert to your pager. You can receive this with either an audible noise or a vibration alert.
- You can also set the PIR motion sensor to emit a buzzer noise, which is particularly useful if several nurses or members of staff are on patrol without a pager.
Who Can Use the TumbleCare PIR Sensor and Pager?
Whether you're a carer in a residential home or you're looking after a patient with dementia who is prone to falls or wandering, the TumbleCare PIR Motion Sensor and Pager set will provide you with the peace of mind that you can offer assistance and protect the vulnerable user when they need it most. The narrow beam is particularly useful for monitoring narrow spaces such as a doorway or beside a bed.
Please note that this kit is not suitable for general security.
How Does the Pager Provide An Alert?
You can set the pager to alert you with an audible tone and vibration, or just by vibration only. While the adjustable volume of the audio alert is ideal for busy environments during the daytime, the ability to set the pager to vibration-only mode means that you can patrol a residential home at night without risking waking up other patients with a loud alert.
What's the Benefit of the PIR Sensor Buzzer?
In addition to sending an alert directly to your pager, the PIR Motion Sensor can also emit an audible buzzer noise reaching a volume of 70dB. This means that other members of staff nearby will instantly be alerted to the fact that assistance is required, allowing them to reach the patient more quickly.
Where Do I Position the PIR Motion Sensor?
The PIR Motion Sensor can be placed either on a flat surface or mounted to a wall with the included fixings. This way, you can ensure that it is positioned optimally to detect when a vulnerable individual crosses the path of the narrow beam.
PIR Motion Sensor TUMPIR21
- Overall Dimensions (WxHxD): 8 x 7.5 x 4cm
- Weight: 106g (without batteries)
- Angle of Detection: 10° at 4 metres
- Beam Detection Range: 4 - 8 metres
- Transmission Range: 50 - 80 metres
Carer Pager TUMPAG31
- Overall Dimensions (LxHxW): 80 x 52 x 25mm
- Weight: 63g (without batteries)
- Power: 2 x AA batteries