TumbleCare Home Carer Falls Prevention Kit
Protecting vulnerable patients whilst maintaining their independence can be tricky, especially those who are prone to falls. The TumbleCare Home Carer Falls Prevention Kit alerts the caregiver in a range of situations, whether the patient has alerted you of a fall or they've got up from bed to go to the bathroom. The supplied pendant is waterproof, ideal for use in the shower or bath.
- 1 x Bed Pressure Mat (MED04BP)
- 1 x Carer Pager (TUMPAG31)
- 1 x Fall Sensor Pendant (TXP11)
- 1 x Lanyard
- 1 x Wrist Strap
- 1 x Bed Sensor Monitor (BTXMED04)
- All required batteries
Who Can Use the TumbleCare Falls Prevention Kit?
Whether you're a carer in a residential home or you're looking after a loved one at home who is prone to falls or wandering, the TumbleCare Falls Prevention Kit will provide you with the peace of mind that you can offer assistance and protect the vulnerable user when they need it most. The bed pressure mat is ideal for users who frequently get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet, while the fall pendant is crucial for individuals at risk of falling, as they can alert you that assistance is required.
How Does the TumbleCare Falls Kit Work?
This kit includes a fall pendant, a bed sensor mat, and a carer pager. These connect and work as follows:
- Fall Pendant: Your vulnerable loved one can carry the fall pendant with them around the home. When there is a sudden change in gravity, such as when a fall occurs, the pendant will instantly send an alert to the pager.
- Bed Sensor Mat: The bed mat is placed under the mattress. When the user gets off the bed, relieving pressure on the bed sensor mat, an alert is sent to the pager.
- Carer Pager: When an alert is sent to the pager, you will receive either an audible alarm or a vibration alert as per your preference. This means you can instantly be alerted that assistance is required, allowing you to be in a different room with the peace of mind that you can assist at a moment's notice.
- Bed Sensor Monitor: The bed sensor monitor allows you to change the settings for the bed sensor mat, such as setting a 15- or 30-minute delay. This means that the user can go to the bathroom and return within a certain timeframe without needing to alert you.
How Do the Pressure Mat and Fall Pendant Help to Increase Independence?
The TumbleCare pressure mat and fall pendant help to increase independence by allowing your loved one to spend time in a room on their own, still safe in the knowledge that they can quickly and easily alert you that assistance is required at a moment's notice. This is ideal for users who can still go about the house generally unassisted, but who may be prone to falls.
How Does the Pager Issue An Alert?
You can set the pager to alert you with an audible tone and vibration, or just vibration only. While the adjustable volume of the audio alert is ideal for busy environments during the daytime, the ability to set the pager to vibration-only mode means that you can patrol a residential home at night without risking waking up other patients with a loud alert.
What's the Benefit of the Waterproof Fall Pendant?
As the waterproof fall pendant is waterproof, it is suitable for taking into the shower. This means that users can still maintain independence when washing, but you can still provide crucial help should an incident or fall occur.
Bed Pressure Mat MED04BP
- Overall Dimensions: 750 x 450 x 8mm
- Cord Length: 3 metres
- Connector Plug Type: RJ11
Carer Pager TUMPAG31
- Overall Dimensions (LxHxW): 80 x 52 x 25mm
- Receiver Range: 100 metres
- Weight: 63g (without batteries)
- Power Source: 2 x AA batteries
- Radio Frequency: 433MHz
Fall Sensor Pendant TXP11
- Overall Dimensions: 45 x 30 x 10mm
- Power: 1 x CR2477 long-life battery
- Waterproof to IP67
- Transmission Range: around 60 - 100 metres
- Weight: 20g (excluding strap/lanyard)
Bed Sensor Monitor BTXMED04
- Overall Dimensions: 115 x 75 x 30mm
- Weight: 130g (excluding batteries)
- Transmission Range: 100 metres (open field)
- Power: 3 x AA 1.5V alkaline batteries