Sammons Preston Economy Patient Fall Alarm Monitor
Proper fall prevention and management requires premium quality alarm monitors. The Sammons Preston Economy Patient Fall Alarm Monitor uses a simple, intuitive design to help patients and their carers when dealing with dangerous trips and falls. Perfect for use in hospitals, care environments and even your own home, this device is the best way to enhance patient safety without compromising their wellbeing.
- 1 x Fall Alarm Monitor
- 1 x Mounting Strap
- 1 x Mounting Hardware
- 1 x 9V Battery
- 1 x Instruction Manual
Please Note: This product does not include a sensor pad; click here to view the compatible Chair Sensor Pad.
Indications For Use
A number of people are vulnerable to trips and falls. We recommend that carers use this fall alarm for the following types of patients:
- People with injuries increasing likelihood of falls (such as foot and leg injuries)
- People who are old or more generally vulnerable to falls
- People with psychological issues including dementia and Alzheimer's
- People with neurological disorders such as epilepsy, autism or cerebral palsy
How To Use
Alarm monitors work in conjunction with sensor pads. They are good for low activity patients and only trigger the alarm if their body weight is removed from the sensor pad. Once the weight is back on the pad the alarm will go off, meaning they can be used on beds, chairs and wheelchairs.
- Design gives patients back their comfort and freedom through connection to sensor pads
- Green flash indicates that the alarm and pad have been connected and the alarm system is ready to use
- Green flash goes off when the pad is lost, not connected or faulty for clarification and ease of use
- Amber flash indicates a low battery for increased patient safety for carers and professionals
- Loud alarm alert indicated the patient has moved off the pad and needs assistance for swift fall management
- Reset button needs to be pressed 3 times in 2 seconds to reset the alarm to prevent patient tampering
- Supplied with a mounting strap, mounting hardware and a 9V battery for immediately effective use
- Includes two alarm tones to choose from for enhanced patient compliance
How Does This Alarm Differ From Others?
The Economy Patient Fall Alarm Monitor allows carers to act quickly in the event of a patient falling. This particular design also has a unique tone switch option which can be used by patients and carers to choose between two alarm tones.
There are a number of health issues and conditions that increase the likelihood of falls. As a result, we recommend using a fall alarm if you, someone you know, or someone you are caring for has one or more of the following conditions:
- Heart Disease
- Thyroid Issues
- Old age
- Motor Neuron Disease
Tamper-Proof for Safety
This alarm not only indicates when a patient has moved, but is also tamper-proof. In order to reset the alarm, the reset button needs to be pressed three times in two seconds, which helps prevents patients from accidentally tampering with the device to ensure their safety.
What Alternatives Are Out There?
We have a large number of fall prevention alarms. Check out some alternatives below:
What Does the Fall Alarm Monitor Work With?
This fall alarm is designed for, and can only be used with the Chair Alarm Sensor Pad (For Use with All Fall Alarm Monitors).