Sammons Preston Magnetic Patient Fall Alarm
Whether you're a professional or personal carer, the Sammons Preston Magnetic Patient Fall Alarm is the most intuitive anti-fall device available. This works by being tied to the patient and wherever they are sitting, such as a chair, in bed, or on the sofa. When the patient stands up an alarm sounds for prompt fall prevention and management - helping patients and carers.
- 1 x Clip-Mounted Magnet
- 1 x Pull Cord
- 1 x Main Alarm Unit
- 1 x 9V Battery
- 1 x Instruction Manual
Indications of Use
A number of people are vulnerable to trips and falls. We recommend that carers use this fall alarm for the following types of patients:
- People with injuries increasing likelihood of falls (such as foot and leg injuries)
- People who are old or more generally vulnerable to falls
- People with psychological issues including dementia and Alzheimer's
- People with neurological disorders such as epilepsy, autism or cerebral palsy
Easy to Use
This alarm is designed to be used on chairs with the cord attached to patient’s clothes. The pull string has a 25mm (1") diameter magnet on one end and a spring-loaded metal clip on the other, so when the patient tries to stand up, the alarm is triggered. The alarm is equipped with a tool free battery door with a red light that flashes when the battery is low.
- Small and discreet alarm for patient compliance (127 x 51 x 32mm)
- Volume adjustment for patient safety - can be set at high (105dB) or low (90dB)
- The included 9V battery has an extra secure fit
- Secure battery doesn't fall out the alarm, making alarm disabling difficult
- Adjustable pull cord (up to 762mm) allows flexibility for patients
- Battery is secured without need for tools for easy use by carers
How Do Personal Magnetic Alarms Work?
Personal magnetised alarms are easy to use, cost effective aids used to care for vulnerable patients, suiting just about every situation where patients with high falls risks need to be monitored. The pull cord clips onto the patient's clothes, and if the patient moves too far or tries to get up, it causes the magnetic hold to disengage and immediately sound the alarm.
There are a number of health issues and conditions that increase the likelihood of falls. As a result, we recommend using a fall alarm if you, someone you know, or someone you are caring for has one or more of the following conditions:
- Heart Disease
- Thyroid Issues
- Old age
- Motor Neuron Disease
Flexibility and Safety
This versatile alarm has a pull cord with an adjustment range of up to 76.2cm, allowing flexibility for the patient and reducing false alarms. It includes a 9V battery securely fitted in the device, with the ability to control the alarm's volume inside the battery compartment. The Magnetic Patient Fall Alarm makes for the ideal aid in care facilities where creative alarm solutions may be needed.
This fall alarm comes in the following dimensions:
- Height: 12.7cm
- Width: 5.1cm
- Depth: 3.2cm
In addition, the Magnetic Patient Fall Alarm has the following features for maximum patient compliance:
- Length adjustment of cord: 76.2cm
- Volume adjustment: 90 - 105dB
The Magnetic Chair Alarm comes with a handy product manual for easy-to-follow instructions. Click the link below to check it out:
What Alternatives Are Out There?
We have a large number of fall prevention alarms. Check out some alternatives below: