Sammons Preston Chair Alarm Sensor Pad
Sensor pads enhance patient compliance, wellbeing and safety. The Sammons Preston Chair Alarm Sensor Pad works with an alarm monitor by triggering an alarm when weight is removed from the pad. This allows carers to act as promptly as possible for fall prevention and fall management.
- 1 x Sensor Pad
- 1 x Instructions (Printed on)
Please note: this product is designed to be used with an alarm system. To see the possible options, please click here for a list of options.
Which One Do I Need?
This sensor pad comes in two available styles. To figure out which one is the best option for you, check out our handy chart below:
|90-Day Sensor ||1-Year Sensor |
Battery powered: Ideal for use in hospitals and for patients who have a short-term stay .
Ideal for use during long-term stays, or for at-home hospital use.
Indications For Use
A number of people are vulnerable to trips and falls. We recommend that carers use this sensor pad for the following types of patients:
- People with injuries increasing likelihood of falls (such as foot and leg injuries)
- People who are old or more generally vulnerable to falls
- People with psychological issues including dementia and Alzheimer's
- People with neurological disorders such as epilepsy, autism or cerebral palsy
How To Use
Sensor pads work in conjunction with alarms and alarm monitors. They are good for low activity patients and only trigger the alarm if their body weight is removed from the sensor pad. Once the weight is back on the pad the alarm will go off - meaning they can be used on beds, chairs and wheelchairs.
- Two choices of sensor pads for ease of use
- Set-up instructions printed directly on the pad
- Spot on the pad for recording initial date of use
- 90 day use version ideal for short-term hospital use
- One year use ideal for longer term stays at home
- Vinyl-covered, water-resistant design ensures longevity
- 10" x 15" size is ideal for use with the majority of patients
Durable Vinyl Pad
This durable, vinyl-covered pad activates the alarm monitor when a patient rises or moves their weight off of the pad. The Sensor Pad's set up instructions are printed on the underside of the pad for convenience, along with a location to record the initial date of use so that you can keep track of the pad's battery life. The pad is easily used on chairs, sofas or wheelchairs to ensure that a patient is safe wherever they are, and along with the Fall Alarm Monitor, makes for an extremely versatile piece of equipment to use in different care situations.
There are a number of health issues and conditions that increase the likelihood of falls. As a result, we recommend using a chair sensor pad if you, someone you know, or someone you are caring for has one or more of the following conditions:
- Heart Disease
- Thyroid Issues
- Old age
- Motor Neuron Disease
Sizing of the Chair Sensor Pad
This sensor pad comes in the following dimensions:
- Width: 254mm (10 inches)
- Length: 381mm (15 inches)
What Alarms is This Compatible With?
We have a large number of fall prevention alarms. Check out the below options which can be used with the Chair Alarm Sensor Pad:
What Does the Fall Alarm Monitor Work With?
For an alternative that does not need a sensor pad, check out the Magnetic Patient Fall Alarm.