Medpage MP5V2 High Sensitivity Children's Epilepsy Seizure Monitor
It can be incredibly distressing if your loved one suffers from epilepsy, particularly if they are a child or infant at risk of seizures. Using large-area patented monitoring sensor technology for excellent movement detection and a Wi-Fi camera to record movements, the Medpage MP5V2 High Sensitivity Children's Epilepsy Seizure Monitor provides peace of mind to carers, using a radio pager to provide an alert as soon as a seizure occurs.
- 1 x MP5V2 movement monitor controller and connected bed sensor
- 2 x MPPL radio pagers
- 1 x KFM30C Wi-Fi camera
- 1 x User manual
How Does the Epileptic Seizure Movement Monitor Work?
The most advanced seizure detector in the Medpage range, the MP5V2 will detect a variety of seizure movements from users of all ages. Equipped with a high performance sensor that is to be placed under the user's mattress, the unit's control software will ignore regular sleeping movements, instead focusing on seizure-specific motions. It also features a vocalisation microphone to detect seizure-related vocalisations.
Who Can Use the MP5V2 Seizure Monitor?
This monitor is suitable for use by both children and adults suffering from most seizure types that involve movement. It can be used with cots or cribs, memory foam mattresses, or single and double beds. Quick and easy to set up, this is an ideal system to provide comprehensive detection in residential or care home environments.
What Kind of Movements Will This Monitor Detect?
This monitor is designed to detect most seizure movements, including tremors, tonic phase movements and seizures that cause limb twitching movements. The vocalisation microphone will detect seizure vocalisations, while the high performance sensor and control software will positively identify seizure movement while ignoring usual sleeping movements to reduce false positives. A verified ongoing seizure results in an alarm transmission to all connected carer pagers that are within the working range of 100m.
Can I Adjust the Sensor?
Yes, the sensor features a range of adjustments, including a bed sensor sensitivity control to allow for patient body weight and bed or cot mattress type. The length of permissible movements can also be adjusted, setting the alarm to sound after movements of a minimum of two seconds and maximum of 30 seconds. The vocalisation microphone can also be adjusted to account for different intensities of vocalised sound.
What Is the Benefit of the MP5V2 Over Other Models?
Unlike the MP5-UT and MP5-UTB models, this seizure monitor is supplied with a recording Wi-Fi camera, allowing the carer to record seizure data that will be useful to specialist nurses and GPs. The camera can be set to record from a mobile phone when a seizure notification is received, allowing for patient viewing without the need for any disturbance. This system also features the ability to be used as part of a multi-monitor system in care homes, connecting to existing nurse call and Telecare systems using the RJ11 output.
How Is the Unit Powered?
The MP5V2 control unit and bed sensor are powered by mains power, with a battery backup powered by 2 x AA batteries. Each radio pager is powered with 2 x AA batteries.
What If I Don't Require a Camera?
If you are not in need of a Wi-Fi camera to collect seizure data, or the ability to connect to a multi-monitor system, the MP5-UT and MP5-UTB may be more suited to your needs. These epilepsy seizure monitors feature the same detection capability, and are cost-effective options if the extra features of the MP5V2 are not necessary.
- Complete system for monitoring those at risk of seizures
- Designed to detect a range of seizure movements and vocalisations
- Suitable for Tonic/Clonic seizures and tremors
- Sensor intensities can be adjusted for different movement intensities and lengths
- Ignores regular sleeping movements to eliminate false positives
- Large area patented monitoring sensor technology provides improved detection ability
- Includes a bed sensor and vocalisation microphone
- Includes two radio pagers with a range of 100m each
- Suitable for a wide range of people - from 9lb babies to fully grown adults
- Monitor is powered by mains power adaptor with 12 hour battery backup
- Visual indication of mains power supply interruption
- Audible indication when operating on battery backup for a period exceeding 10 hours
- Sensor dimensions: 300 x 200 x 10mm
- CE marked in accordance with Medical Directive EEC 93/42/EEC as amended by 2007/47/EC
- Pagers provide two-channel identification when used with two seizure monitors, ideal for dual patient monitoring at home, hospital or care home to identify active seizure alarm
- Tamper proof settings, monitored connections, fault reporting to pagers
- Pager frequency: 433MHz
- Warranty: 3 years with no maintenance or servicing required