Safehip AirX Hip Pad Hip Protector Underwear
While hip fractures are one of the most common and dangerous injuries for the elderly, it can be difficult to find a reliable method of protection that isn't inconvenient or cumbersome. The Safehip AirX Hip Pad Hip Protector Underwear are designed to provide the user with wearable hip protection that goes everywhere they do – providing powerful and discreet protection that can change lives with a combination of comfortable materials and protective padding.
Who Should Use the Safehip Hip Protector Underwear?
Hip fractures are exceedingly dangerous for the elderly, as they can lead to the need for operations, an extended stay in hospital, and a long and gruelling recovery process. While common-sense protection like seatbelts, motorcycle helmets and life jackets are seen as essentials, safety for hip protection is often needlessly neglected. The Safehip AirX Underwear is designed to provide this much-needed protection, allowing the elderly the peace of mind to carry on an active and social lifestyle.
- Discreet underwear with built-in hip protection
- Help to reduce the risk of hip fractures resulting from falls
- Intelligent horse-shoe shield disperses impact away from hip joint
- Breathable material stays cool while preventing moisture build up
- Designed for excellent comfort with no irritating seams
- High elastane content ensures a perfect fit, every time
- Ideal for anyone at risk of falls around the home
- Helps the user remain social, active and carefree
- Conforms to the body to be discreet under clothes
- Made with AirX spacer fabric technology for comfort and breathability
- Soft, skin-friendly material stays comfortable all day long
- Available in unisex, male and female versions
- Suitable for machine washing up to 95°C
This pair of pants is designed to provide the same comfort as a high-end alternative – with extra protection built in. They are made with AirX spacer fabric technology, which is a breathable, soft and skin-friendly material that keeps the wearer cool and comfortable all day long. Flexible while preventing moisture build-up, AirX Underwear provides comfortable wear, all day long.
Sizing of the Safehip AirX Hip Pad Hip Protector Underwear
The Safehip AirX Hip Pad Hip Protector Underwear is available in the following sizes. Please measure around your hips at their widest point to ensure that you order the correct size. If you fall between two sizes, choose the smaller size if you have slim thighs, and the larger size is thighs are wide or if an incontinence pad will be worn.
|Size ||Hip Measurement (cm) |
|Small ||75 - 95cm (30 - 38") |
|Medium ||90 - 110cm (36 - 44") |
|Large ||100 - 120cm (40 - 48") |
|Extra Large ||110 - 140cm (44 - 56") |
|XX-Large ||120 - 150cm (48 - 60") |
Since this underwear is made with a high elastane content, it naturally conforms to the body to provide a discreet and ideal fit. The shields are designed to follow the contours of the body, ensuring they won't look out of place under clothes so protection is provided without changing the user's appearance.
Safehip AirX Hip Pad Hip Protector Underwear has been tested and proven to significantly improve safety in those at risk of injury from falls. In fact, in clinical trials conducted on more than 7,000 users around the world, Safehip AirX Underwear was proven to reduce hip fractures from falls by 64%!
Multiple Styles Available
To suit different users and preferences, this underwear is available in four different versions that can be selected from the drop-down menu at the top of the page. These styles are:
- Unisex (plain design with no openings or pattern)
- Female (no opening, raised flower pattern to front)
- Male (opening at front, no pattern)
- Open (open at bottom, no pattern)
- Wash at up to 95°C / 200°F
- Do not bleach
- Tumble dry on normal, medium heat
- Do not iron
- Do not dry clean
- Suitable to withstand hospital cleaning procedures
- After washing, check that both hip shields are in the correct position
Safehip AirX Materials
The Safehip AirX Hip Pad Hip Protector Underwear is constructed from the following materials:
- Cotton (58%)
- Polyamide (36%)
- Elastane (6%)