Medpage Smartphone-Compatible WiFi PIR Movement Sensor
The Medpage Smartphone-Compatible WiFi PIR Movement Sensor is ideal for helping to improve care for elderly or vulnerable loved ones, sending an alert to your smartphone as soon as movement is detected. This sensor can simply be placed by a doorway or bed to prevent wandering or alert to falls.
- 1 x PIR Motion Sensor
- 1 Set of 3M Adhesive Pads
- 3 x AAA Batteries
You can download the free smartphone app from an Android or iOS app store once you are ready to connect your Medpage PIR Motion Sensor to your phone.
Key Features and Benefits of the PIR Motion Sensor
- Improves Care for Elderly and Vulnerable Patients: As soon as the patient crosses through the path of the beam, an instant alert is sent to your smartphone. This way, you can reach them to help them up from a fall or offer assistance when it is needed most.
- Helps to Prevent Wandering: If positioned in a doorway, the beam will detect when a patient wanders out of the room, alerting you instantly that assistance is required.
- Improves Independence: As you will receive the alert remotely to your phone, independence for your patient or loved one can be increased. This allows many individuals to continue to live at home.
- No Trip Hazards: Unlike similar monitoring equipment such as floor mats, the PIR motion sensor can be positioned out of the way to prevent any risk of the patient tripping over it.
- Wall-Mountable Design: The kit includes everything needed to mount the movement sensor to the wall, keeping it out of the way.
- Monitor Your Home: In addition to monitoring a loved one, the PIR Motion Sensor can also be used to alert you of any home intrusions while you're away.
How Does the Medpage PIR Motion Sensor?
The Medpage PIR Motion Sensor is an individual unit that connects to your home WiFi or broadband. It operates in the following way:
- The PIR motion sensor can be positioned near a doorway or by a bed. The narrow beam will then detect when somebody passes through it, such as when they step out of bed or walk cross over the threshold of a door.
- Once the narrow beam has detected the movement, the sensor will send an alert directly to the app on your smartphone.
- The date and time of the alert is recorded on the app. This is ideal if you're monitoring how many times a loved one gets up in the middle of the night, for example.
Who Can Use the Medpage Smartphone-Compatible PIR Sensor?
Whether you're a carer visiting an individual with the early stages of dementia or you're monitoring a loved one who is prone to wandering, the Medpage PIR Motion Sensor will provide you with the peace of mind that you can offer assistance or call for help when it's needed most. The narrow beam is particularly useful for monitoring narrow spaces such as a doorway or beside a bed.
Where Do I Position the PIR Motion Sensor?
The PIR Motion Sensor can be mounted to a wall with the included fixings. This way, you can ensure that it is positioned optimally to detect when a vulnerable individual crosses the path of the narrow beam.
- Sensor Dimensions: 60 x 60 x 30mm
- Power Source: 3 x AAA batteries (supplied)
- Wireless Range from Router: 45 metres
- Beam Detection Range: Up to 5 metres
- Protocol: IEEE 802.b/g/n
- Battery Life: around 3 to 5 months (based on 15 triggers per day)