Geemarc Amplicall PSA200 Pressure Sensor Chair Mat and Alarm Set
Caring for patients who are vulnerable to falls can be stressful, particularly if you don't have the right fall prevention and management systems in place. The Geemarc Amplicall PSA200 Pressure Sensor Chair Mat and Alarm Set keeps patients safe from falls before they occur, for enhanced safety in care homes, residential spaces and just about anywhere. Working with a pressure-off system, this alarm connects to the seat mat which triggers an alarm when the patient leaves their seat, notifying carers for immediate response.
- 1 x Receiver
- 1 x Transmitter
- 1 x Chair Mat
- Chair fall mat enhances safety when patients are sitting or using wheelchairs
- Handy set of receiver, transmitter and chair mat allows for immediate use
- Can be used in a wide range of environments for diversity and convenience
- Enhances safety of patients in professional and home environments
- Intuitive design makes lives easier for carers, allowing effective fall management
- Can be used on a range of patients and people, from toddlers to elderly individuals
- Extra-loud volume (85dB) settings enhance patient safety and are ideal for use by hard of hearing carers
- 70dB - 85dB volume settings are adjustable for larger or smaller spaces (such as at home, or in a large hospital)
- Flashing design gives audio and visual warnings when patients have fallen, ideal for hard of hearing carers
- Low battery receiver alarm ensures round-the-clock safety for patients and convenience for carers
- 30 metre maximum distance between receiver and transmitter restores normality, keeping patients happy
- Lightweight design (67g) can be easily carried for convenience and ease of use by carers
- Rings for 5 seconds every 40 seconds for easy location by carers
- PVC plastic mat can be wiped clean in the case of spillages, ideal for high traffic areas such as in care homes
- Mat is thin and can be hidden under rugs or carpets for less compliant patients
How Does this Set Assist with Fall Management?
This set works using three components, including a receiver, transmitter and mat. Designed for use on chairs, the chair mat detects when a person is no longer in a sitting position and activate the alarm. The transmitter connected to the pressure sensor mat rings so that it can be located more quickly. The receiver rings and flashes, and has two types of alarm for unmissable, prompt fall management.
This PSA200 works while out and about, or sitting on your favourite armchair at home
What Chairs Can This Be Used With?
This pressure mat is designed for patients who are sat down. It alarms when patients either get, or fall, out of their seats. Specific examples of correct applications include the following:
- Dining chairs
- Rocking Chairs
- Arm Chairs
Where Are Pressure Sensor Sets Needed?
This set is ideal for use in a range of environments where people or patients are vulnerable to wandering. Some examples of this include:
- Hospitals and medical facilities: where patients are vulnerable to slips, trips and falls and onto the floor.
- Care environments: where patients might suffer from psychological or neurological issues causing them to wander off their chairs.
- Home: where patients who might be over confident in their walking abilities need an alerting system for live-in carers.
What Health Conditions Require a Pressure Mat?
A number of health conditions necessitate a chair fall mat. Some examples include:
- Mental health sufferers - Individuals suffering from psychological issues might require an alarm system to prevent accidents, since this allows carers to act quickly to manage falls or prevent wandering into more dangerous environments, such as onto a busy road, or other hazardous spaces. Many psychological issues increase likelihood of wandering, with examples including:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Neurologically divergent people - Many people with a reduced position sense are susceptible to head injuries caused by falling. Fall alarms allow for brisk fall management to prevent severe injury. Some examples of neurological disorders requiring fall prevention kits include:
- Parkinson's disease
- General health issues - A number of people who might otherwise be considered at risk of wandering might require fall detection due to more specific, general health conditions, such as:
- Low blood pressure
- Vision defects
Who Else Benefits from Chair Fall Mats?
There are various other reasons as to why someone might need a fall chair mat. Some examples include:
- General factors - Many individuals might be at increased risk of falls due to environmental and general factors, namely:
- Poor lighting
- Use of a walking stick or mobility aid
- A history of falls
- Babies and young children - infants specifically need protection from walking off into dangerous spaces. This alarm set is ideal for use for parents or carers to monitor their children's whereabouts and activity levels, for protection against injuries and wandering.
- Old people - Many older individuals have an overconfident understanding of their physical capabilities. Weak and frail patients are significantly more likely to experience falls, making fall alarm sets an essential piece of equipment in environments like care homes and hospitals. In addition, elderly people are more likely to experience falls as a result of common age-related health conditions, including:
- Weak Muscles
- Stiff joints
What Accessories Does This Set Work With?
This set includes all the necessary components for immediate use (although please note batteries are not included). However, you can buy the same Amplicall PSA200 Pressure Sensor Chair Mat included in this set, here. This set is also compatible with the Amplicall PSA 201 Pressure Sensor Bed Mat, for fall reduction in the night.
For more technical details on the components of this set, check out the below information:
- Adjustable ringer volume: 85dB (HI) or 70dB (LO)
- Visual ring indicator: flash Power switch with 3 positions:
- ALARM: flashes and rings for 30 seconds every 10 seconds
- OFF: device is switched off
- CHIME: flashes and rings for 5 seconds every 30 seconds
- Low battery alert signal
- Distance between receiver and transmitter: 30 meters maximum
- Size of the receiver: 89 x 126mm
- Weight of the receiver: 122g
- 3 x 1.5V LR14 type batteries (not included)
- DC adaptor socket (6V DC/0.3A)
- Ringer volume: 75dB
- Power switch with 3 positions:
- ALERT: only the receiver gets activated when pressure is no longer applied on the mat. It rings and flashes according to the chosen setting (ALARM / CHIME / OFF)
- OFF: device is switched off
- ARM: the transmitter rings for 5 seconds every 40 seconds to make locating it easier. The receiver rings and flashes according to the chosen setting (ALARM / CHIME / OFF)
- Frequency: 433,92MHz
- Radio frequency power: < 250mW
- Size of the transmitter: 120mm x 50mm
- Weight of the transmitter: 67g
- 1 x 9V PP3 type battery (not included)
- Chair Mat
- The sensor mat can be placed on all types of chairs.
- Size of the mat: 36 x 36 cm
- Weight of the mat: 106g
- Material: PVC plastic
For more technical details on this chair fall mat, check out the below information: