POCSAG Long Range Message Programmable PIR Motion Sensor with Data Pager
The POCSAG Message Programmable PIR Motion Sensor with Data Pager is designed to protect vulnerable patients in care homes, especially those who are prone to falls or wandering. This motion sensor detects when an individual gets out of bed or leaves a room, alerting the pager with a programmable message. This product has a 400m+ transmission range, ideal for larger properties.
- 1 x Programmable PIR Motion Sensor
- 1 x Digital Message-Receiving Pager
- All Required Batteries
- User Guide
Key Features and Benefits
- Programmable so the pager can receive specific messages
- Long range transmission of 400m+ for accurate use in larger properties
- Movement-sensing solution is wireless and easy to install for straightforward set-up
- No tools meaning it is ready to use straight out of the box
- Single beam detector instead of sensor that can cause tripping hazards (e.g. a mat)
- Can be simply expanded into multi-sensor security system for wider applications
- Programming software is free to download for cost-efficiency
- Supplied with removable wall mount bracket and Velcro fixing dots for ease
- Pager supplied with sturdy snap-on belt clip for convenient portability
How Does the POCSAG PIR Motion Sensor Work?
This product is supplied with a PIR motion sensor and message receiving pager, which can be used in the following way:
- Position the PIR sensor by a patient's bed or doorway, so that the beam can detect when someone crosses over it.
- When the beam has detected motion, it will send an alert to your pager.
- You can then check to ensure the safety of your patient.
Who Can Use the Message Programmable PIR Motion Sensor and Pager?
This motion sensor is ideal for residential and home care environments. The POCSAG PIR device can help you care for patients at risk of falls, or those with dementia who are prone to wandering. When a person walks or falls into the detection beam, a message is transmitted to the pager. Initiating an immediate response, this product provides carers with peace of mind and protects the vulnerable.
What's the Benefit of a Message Programmable Sensor?
This PIR system comes with a choice of four alert tones or vibration, as well as allowing a programmable message to be delivered to the pager. The PIR is factory-programmed with the default message 'PIR ALARM', which will be transmitted when someone walks into the detection beam. This message can be altered to suit individual user requirements.
Can I Add Multiple PIRs To This Programmable System?
Multiple PIRs can be added in order to create a simple security system. Each motion sensor can send a location or ID details to single or multiple pagers, using the programmable message function, depending on where they are placed. This can signify which patient has left their room, or where movement has been detected.
This innovative system also features free downloadable software for Windows PC, in which messages, pager address codes and other options can be customised.
Where Can the POCSAG Message PIR Sensor Be Placed?
The PIR motion sensor can either be placed on a flat surface or mounted to a wall, using the supplied Velcro dots and wall bracket. The device can be positioned wherever it will best detect when a patient crosses the beam.
PIR Motion Sensor (MPPL-MS2)
- Dimensions: 107 x 59 x 39mm
- Weight: 40g
- Radio Frequency: 433MHz
- Trigger Range Sensitivity Adjustment: 4 or 8m
- Selectable Re-Trigger Delay: 5 or 30 seconds
- USB Programming Port Socket: Micro USB
- Long Range Transmission: 400m+
- Power: 2 x AA Batteries
Digital Data Pager (EM300)
- Dimensions: 60 x 42 x 18mm
- Weight (Including Battery and Belt Clip): 78g
- Frequency: 433MHz
- Display Area: 52 x 28mm
- Power: 1 AAA Battery