Bellman Visit Doorbell Transmitter and 2.5m External Microphone
Being alerted to sounds such as the doorbell can be a difficult challenge when you are hard of hearing. The use of the Bellman Visit Doorbell Transmitter is a good way of being alerted to someone being at your door.
But there may be times when you require the use of the External Microphone to guarantee that the required sounds are being picked up on. An intercom further away, for example, might be too weak to be detected otherwise.
The Bellman Visit Doorbell Transmitter and 2.5m External Microphone kit contains both of these elements for your convenience.
Features of the Bellman Visit Doorbell Transmitter
The Bellman Visit Doorbell Transmitter detects the sound of your normal doorbell. A signal is then sent to whichever Bellman receiver you have, alerting you to someone being at the door.
The transmitter includes the following features:
- Can be programmed to recognise any sound
- Suitable for both mechanical and electrical doorbells
- Radio key allows reliable use even in close proximity to other Visit Transmitters
- Can also be used to detect other sounds such as the telephone
- Works with sound of existing devices - great for households with multiple inhabitants of differing hearing ability
- Activation in four ways: via test button, internal microphone, external microphone or built-in magnetic coil
There are times when the sound is too faint to be picked up though. A gate with an intercom system, for example, may be too far from the transmitter for the noise to be detected. Despite the transmitter using an internal microphone to detect the sound, something stronger is required to ensure nothing is being missed.
The microphone is powered through the transmitter, meaning it does not require any additional batteries.
The microphone features a lead length of 2.5m.