The MemRabel 2 Audio/Visual Dementia Care Alarm offers a helping hand to aid those suffering with dementia and memory difficulties. It stimulates memory via audio or visual prompts, which can help those with dementia achieve more independent living.
The MemRabel 2 can be utilised to perform pictorial reference association which is helpful for those with learning disabilities, dementia and the elderly.
How Does the MemRabel 2 Work?
The MemRabel 2 Audio/Visual Dementia Care Alarm features
- Audio files
These files have been designed to remind those with dementia to carry out important day-to-day tasks. It can be programmed to play a visual or audio message at certain times: for example, a 'time to go to bed' message can be set to display at 10 p.m.
Before a file is played it is preceded by a selectable alert tone. Reminders can be programmed to repeat daily, weekly or monthly.
You can even copy your own audio or video files on to the MemRabel 2 using the USB port or SD card slot on the bottom if you want to give it a personal touch.
These reminders offer an invaluable aid to helping people with dementia live a healthy and independent lifestyle.
Features of the MemRabel 2 Audio/Visual Dementia Care Alarm
- Large time display, easy to see and recognise
- Contains 120 different pre-loaded audio, video and picture prompts
- Corrects for daylight savings to ensure the time is always correct
- 4 display icons to assist with time of day association
- 20 programmable alarms, photo, audio, video
- Easy setup and customisation
- Includes stock images to create visual reminders
- Dimensions: 215 x 175mm
- Display: 165 x 125mm - 8 inches corner to corner
- Mains powered
- Supports SD memory cards to hold information - up to 32GB
- Supports MMC/MC.USB drive
- Supports formats MP2/MP3/MP4/AVI/WAV
- Infrared remote control
- Built in speakers 2 x 2W audio output
Included With The MemRabel 2 Audio/Visual Dementia Care Alarm
- MemRabel 2 clock
- Remote control
- 2 x SD cards (2BG)
- Power adapter
- User manual
- Windows setup program