Medpage MP5V2 Epileptic Seizure Movement Monitor
It can be incredibly distressing if your loved one suffers from epilepsy, particularly if they are a child or infant. If they have a seizure in the day you are more likely to be there to assist them, but what about during the night?
You might find yourself staying up at night keeping watch, ensuring you will be awake and ready to help them should they have a seizure. This is not a practical solution, compromising both your loved one or patient's privacy and your health.
Thankfully, the Medpage MP5V2 Epileptic Seizure Movement Monitor was designed to combat this. Consisting of a bed sensor and pager system, you will be alerted to particular movements associated with various different seizure types. That way, you can sleep a little easier knowing you will be the first to know if your patient or loved one needs you during the night. Every MP5V2 includes 2 Medpage MPPL Pagers, providing you with an easier way to monitor your loved one. These are standard pagers that can also be used with a range of other alarms such as pressure mats.
How Does the Epileptic Seizure Movement Monitor Work?
The Medpage Epileptic Seizure Monitor is a high performance sensor detection system. It uses advanced control software to identify specifically seizure movements, even from someone lightweight such as an infant. The sensor is so powerful, it can even detect a mouse moving across a bed!
Features of the Seizure Movement Monitor
The key features and benefits of the Medpage Epileptic Seizure Monitor are:
- Complete system for monitoring people at risk of seizures
- Sensor turns the entire mattress into a giant sensor
- Adjustable sensitivity - ideal for a range of different seizure types
- Suitable for a wide range of people - from 9lb babies to fully grown adults
- Sensitivity control for bed sensor and vocalization microphone
- CE marked in accordance with Medical Directive EEC 93/42/EEC as amended by 2007/47/EC
- Pagers provide two-channel identification when used with two seizure monitors - Ideal for dual patient monitoring at home, hospital or care home to identify active seizure alarm
- Tamper proof settings, monitored connections, fault reporting to pagers
- Ultimate seizure movement monitoring for home and professional care
- 3 Year warranty - no maintenance or servicing required
- If the mains power supply is interrupted either by the power adaptor removed from the mains supply or damage to cables or power cut, visual indication is provided. Additionally, if the monitor operates on battery backup in excess of 10 hours, a low backup battery warning is transmitted to the alarm pagers.
The Medpage Epileptic Seizure Movement Monitor is non-returnable if unsuitable on grounds of hygiene. If you require any further information please contact our Customer Care Team on 020 7720 2266.