Bellman Visit Portable Flash Receiver
The Bellman Visit range makes everyday tasks, such as knowing when to answer the door or phone, easier for people with hearing impairments. Consisting of transmitters and receivers, the range uses radio signals and alerts to ensure you are always aware of activity within your home.
The standard Bellman Receiver is a mains operated device: sturdy and reliable, it's an ideal primary receiver to detect signals from your transmitters. But what if you suffer a power loss? Or, perhaps you simply desire a more portable device? The Bellman Visit Portable Flash Receiver is a great alternative or addition to your regular Flash Receiver, perfect for users who wish to keep their receivers on their person. The powerful back-up batteries reduce the risk of power loss so you can ensure that you'll never miss an alert.
How Does the Portable Flash Receiver Work?
The device uses radio signals to receive information from your transmitters and alert you if anything has been triggered. The Portable Receiver does so by emitting sound, light or, if connected to the Bellman Bed Shaker, vibration. The settings can be customised to distinguish between individual alerts. So, if you have several transmitters for different triggers, your receiver can process this and ensure that the reason for the indication is evident.
Unlike the standard receiver, the Bellman Portable Receiver can be battery powered, allowing you to move it about your home with greater ease. The device can also run from the mains, so you'll still be able to use your receiver even if it runs out of battery.
Features and Benefits of the Portable Flash Receiver
The Bellman Visit Flash Receiver works in unison with your transmitter to deliver fantastic results. Easily transportable and reliable, the device features:
- Flashing LED lights for clear identification
- Powerful back-up batteries, reducing risk of power loss and making the device portable
- Customisable signals - individual alerts can be set so you are aware of the nature of the indication
- Adjustable radio key allowing reliable use even in close proximity to other Visit System devices
- Wireless transmission with operating range of 200m
- Rotating flash head - can point the device in the required direction or turn it away if the flashing is too bright
- Can connect to a BE1270 Bellman Bed Shaker
- Can connect to an analogue telephone socket via the telephone input with the Telephone Cable and an adapter plug (accessories)
- Can be mounted using Bellman Wallmount Bracket (accessory), or placed on a level surface
- Mains power: 7.5V DC/ 1500mA with power supply unit
- Back-up battery power: 4 x 1.2V AAA (LR03) NiMH rechargeable batteries. 600 mAh. Battery back-up ~48 hours stand by when fully charged
- Active power consumption: 1250mA
- Idle power consumption: 10mA
- Radio frequency: 868.3MHz
- Number of radio keys: 64 standard expandable to 256
- Coverage: 200m (with clear line of sight)
- Radio activation: Bellman Visit Transmitters
- Analogue telephone network activation: 26 - 120V RMS, 15 - 100Hz
- Mobile phone/tablet activation: connect the BE9251 Mobile Phone Sensor (accessory) to the dedicated input on the Flash Receiver
- Built-in flash light signal: ~30 Candela
- Bed Shaker vibrator power: 2.0 - 4.0VDC
- Dimensions Ø x H: 88 x 155mm
- Weight: 320g
- Colour: white
The Portable Flash Receiver is designed for indoor use only. Warning - flashes can cause epileptic attacks.