Bellman Visit Smoke Alarm Transmitter
Fire alarms are vital in any home. Helping protect you and your family, a standard fire alarm will emit a siren to alert the inhabitants of any danger. But what if you have a hearing impairment? The Bellman Visit Smoke Alarm Transmitter is designed with the hard of hearing in mind, ensuring that you too can be alerted in order to be as safe as possible in your home. Able to detect both smoke and heat, the Bellman Visit Alarm Transmitter discovers fire in the early stages and immediately relays this to you, helping you sleep easier at night with this knowledge.
How Does the Smoke Alarm Transmitter Work?
The alarm transmitter system uses radio signals and receivers to detect external factors like smoke or heat, and notify you of this. The receiver will pick up any transmission and alert you of the potential danger using a light, sound and/or vibration signal. Different signals can be set and customised so that the reason for the notification is evident.
Easy to maintain, it also alerts you when the battery is running low so that you will never be without protection. The Bellman Visit Smoke Alarm can be used in a Bellman Visit Fire Alarm System.
Features and Benefits of the Bellman Smoke Alarm Transmitter
Equipping your home with a suitable fire alarm system is paramount in ensuring your protection from house fires. The Bellman Smoke Alarm includes various features which make it ideal for the hard of hearing:
- Optothermal - can detect both smoke and abnormal heat, unlike many standard alarms which only detect one or the other
- Customisable signals so different alerts can be received for different reasons
- The alarm will siren like a standard smoke alarm, as well as notifying the receiver - ideal for use in homes of people with differing hearing abilities
- Adjustable radio key - allows reliable use even in close proximity to other Visit Transmitters
- Wireless transmission with 200m operating range
- Low battery alert signals receiver so that the user will always know when to change the battery
- Toast mode - will not confuse cooking fumes as smoke danger so you won't receive annoying alerts when cooking
- Broadcast mode can override the radio key settings
- Mounts onto ceiling using mounting plate and screws (both included)
- Battery power: 9V battery (Duracell MN1604, Energizer 522 or Ultralife U9VL-J)
- Duracell/Energizer operating time: on the Visit System approx 3 years, on the Fire Alarm System approx 2 years
- Ultralife operating time: on the Visit System approx 6 years, on the Fire Alarm System approx 4 years
- Active power consumption: 40 mA
- Idle power consumption: < 10μA
- Radio frequency: 868.3MHz
- Number of radio keys: 64 standard expandable to 256
- Coverage: 200m (with clear line of sight)
- Activation via Test Button, built-in smoke detector and built-in temperature sensor (if temperature exceeds approx 57 degrees Celsius)
- Dimensions ØxH: 100 x 35mm
- Weight: 110g (with battery), 70g (without battery)
- Colour: white
For best coverage, the Smoke Alarm's antenna should be straight and pointed directly down. The Smoke Alarm should ideally be placed in the centre of the ceiling, at least 50cm from any wall. Avoid installing in kitchens, fireplaces or garages to prevent confusion with cooking fumes and car exhausts. The Smoke Alarm should not be fitted in damp spaces, close to fans or in agricultural buildings, and should not be painted over.